Three nights stay for 2-day Wine-Tour in Kefalonia
This tour is based on our 3-day scheduled tour of Kefalonia. If our scheduled dates don’t suit, we can organise your own private tour on the dates of your choice. We need a minimum of two people sharing a room to run the tour. Dinner will be arranged for you at the hotel on the day of your arrival prior to the first full day’s tour visit.
You will be staying at the Byzantio Appartments hotel near Spartia. Kefalonia is home to its own grape, Robola, to be found almost exclusively on that island. During the tour you will be shown the wineries that exploit it and taste some delightful examples of Robola wine. The island is too enchanting not to enjoy its natural beauty and we will seek a balance between wine interests and holiday relaxation. We will be opting for relatively light lunches and full Greek dinners.
Day 1 –
After breakfast our guide will take you to the Robola Co-operative and Gentilini, probably the best winery on the island. You will tour the wineries and taste the wines.
Lunch at a local tavern
Afternoon earmarked for the beach and some free time in Argostoli
Dinner at a lovely taverna by the sea in Argostoli, before you are returned to the hotel
Visit to Divino Winery a really old establishment in which many historic artefacts have been found
Our guide will then take you to the beautiful Koroni Beach for some swimming and sunbathing (assuming you have chosen a summery season).
Lunch at the Koroni Hill bar up the mountainside and overlooking the sea
After lunch, visit to Melissinos Winery for visit and tasting
We move on to Skala
Dinner: Wine-and-food-pairing dinner at restaurant in Scala followed by a tasting of two or three Greek dessert wines at the Greek Wine Experience Wine Bar.
Return to hotel
What is included and what is not included?
- Not included are flights /ferries or transport to and from your hotel on check-in and check-out days
- Dinner at your hotel on the evening of your arrival. (Check in from 2pm).
- 3 nights accommodation
- 3 breakfasts
- 2 lunches
- 2 dinners, additional to the one on the day of your arrival, including Wine-and-Food-Pairing Meze Dinner
- All Winery visits and tastings
- Tasting of Greek dessert wines at the Greek Wine Experience Bar
- Cost of guide
- All transport during the tour to the wineries and restaurants you will visit
- If you would like a detailed itinerary, please request one, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us for FREE on 0800 135 7982 and ask to speak to Nicholas Collis.
- Each tour is booked with a €200 non-refundable deposit per person to enable us to firmly secure the hotel accommodation. The balance will later be payable by bank transfer 60 days before the tour commences.
As this is your own private tour we can easily tailor it to a longer stay with both more winery visits and more sightseeing. Tell us what you would like, but do give us reasonable advance notice.
Costs in euros (€):
Kefalonia – 2-day (3-night) private tour: €697 per person based on two people sharing a room.
To book the 3-day Kefalonia wine tour with a €200 per person deposit by Paypal or credit card click here.
If you have any questions you would like to ask, please use the form below to get in contact with Wines and Tours.