3 nights in the Douro Valley Wine Paradise
We need a minimum of two people sharing a room to run this tour for you. The tour is based on our 4-day scheduled tour of the Douro Valley. You will meet our guide at 10:45 on Day 1 at Taylor’s Port Lodge, have a tour of this oldest of Port lodges followed by a tasting, then have lunch at the Taylor’s restaurant with its magnificent vista of the River Douro and Porto. In the afternoon you will be taken to our chosen hotel. On the way you will visit a Vinho Verde winery and taste their wines afterwards.
You will be staying at the utterly charming boutique hotel, the “Hotel Rural casa dos Viscondes da Varzea”. Depending, on the season you may like to enjoy its swimming pool before breakfast.
– 10:45 Meet at Taylor’s Port Lodge
– 11:00 Conducted Tour of the lodge followed by lunch at their “Tres Seculos” restaurant.
– PM Tour of a Vinho Verde winery and tasting
– 6pm Check in at hotel and enjoy a delicious dinner there in the evening
– After breakfast at the hotel, our guide will take you to the first Quinta (Portuguese Wine Estate) that we will visit for a tour and tasting.
– Lunch, probably at the Quinta
– Rabelo boat trip
– Visit to second Quinta, tour and tasting
– Return to hotel for dinner
– Breakfast at the hotel
– Guide collects you to visit first Quinta with wine tasting afterwards
– Visit to second winery and wine tasting
– Afternoon free for a visit to the historic town of Lamego with wide choice of restaurants*
– An alternative which is an optional extra, subject to weather which is normally great, is a sunset sail on the Douro with dinner aboard. If you like boats we’d really recommend this.
– Our guide will take you for a tour of Quinta de la Rosa where lunch will be booked for you.
– After lunch our guide will take you to Pinhao railway station from where you can enjoy a picturesque train journey back to Porto.
What is included and what is not included?
- Flight arrangements and/or transport to the start and from the finish points are not included. Otherwise, all transport, accommodation, meals*, winery visits, boat trips and other visits are included from the tour start to the end point.
- However, there is just one exception – being that one afternoon and evening are kept free for you to visit the delights of the nearby town of Lamego and as such – we do not include dinner* on that evening.
- If you would like a detailed itinerary, please request one, by e-mail at email@example.com or phone us for FREE on 0800 135 7982 and ask to speak to Nicholas Collis.
- Each tour is booked with a €200 non-refundable deposit per person to enable us to firmly secure the hotel accommodation. The balance will later be payable by bank transfer 60 days before the tour commences.
Costs in euros (€):
For one couple sharing a room €1465 per person
For parties of four or more people based on two people sharing a room €1365 per person
To book with your €200 per person deposit via Paypal or credit card click here.
Optional Extra: Sunset Sail with Dinner aboard €70 per person
If you have any questions you would like to ask, please use the form below to get in contact with Wines and Tours.