3 nights in the enchanting countryside of Spain’s Rioja region
We need a minimum of two people sharing a room to run this tour for you. The tour is based on our 4-day scheduled tour of Rioja, though at a different hotel. You can check in to your hotel anytime from 2pm. Your local guide will collect you from the hotel at 7pm on the first day and take you on an interactive tour of the Logroño wine museum followed by a fascinating Wine-and-Food-Pairing Pincho-Bar Crawl. You will be returned to your hotel at the end of the evening.
You will be staying at the beautifully designed boutique hotel, Eguren Ugarte in Laguardia. The hotel has its own winery and overlooks its own vineyard and the colourful mountain landscape of Rioja.
– Check in to your hotel from 2pm. You will be collected by your guide at 7pm and taken on an interactive tour of Logroño’s wine museum, followed by a fascinating Wine-and-Food-Pairing Pincho-Bar crawl with a Wine Educator. You will be driven back to your hotel at the end of the evening.
– After breakfast at the hotel our guide will take you to visit one of the wineries in the pretty village of Samaniego. We’ll also take you to the Ruiz de Vinaspre winery which makes a superb selection of Riojas, some of which we can supply on a regular basis in the UK. After lunch you’ll be taken round the medieval city of Laguardia before being having a tour and tasting at your hotel’s winery which has an unusual feature of natural cellars deep within the rocks. As well as their own wine, they store wines in gated vaults for many private individuals and wine merchants.
– Dinner will be at the hotel.
– Breakfast at the hotel before our guide collects you to visit Haro where you will see the renowned and historic CVNE Bodega for a tour and wine tasting.
– Lunch is planned at one of the best restaurants in the area, “La Vieja Bodega” in Cassalreina.
– In the afternoon you will return to Haro for a fascinating visit of the Muga Winery which has the unique attribute of manufacturing its own barrels.
– Dinner at the hotel
– Check out around 10:30 am after breakfast
– Our guide will collect you for a visit to the Franco Españoles Winery in Logroño.
– After lunch you will be dropped off at Logroño’s Coach or Railway station – or an airport transfer can be arranged as an optional extra.
What is included and what is not included?
- Flight arrangements and/or transport to the start and from the finish points are not included. Otherwise, all transport, accommodation, meals, winery visits and other visits are included from the tour start to the end point.
- If you would like a detailed itinerary, please request one, by e-mail at email@example.com or phone us for FREE on 0800 135 7982 and ask to speak to Nicholas Collis.
- Each tour is booked with a €200 non-refundable deposit per person to enable us to firmly secure the hotel accommodation. The balance will later be payable by bank transfer 60 days before the tour commences.
Costs in euros (€):
For one couple sharing a room €856 per person
For parties of four or more people based on two people sharing a room €756 per person
To book with your €200 per person deposit via Paypal or credit card click here.
If you have any questions you would like to ask, please use the form below to get in contact with Wines and Tours.